Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Head and Hands



Had to draw an image of a person and include both the head and the hands. First colour assignment of the semester.
I tried a different technique with this one and blocked out the form in grey scale first, then added in the colour afterwards. I've heard good things about doing it this way, but I really do not like the way it turned out. I feel like it made the overall image look desaturated and lifeless. I most likely will not do any future paintings this way.
I focused a lot of my attention on the hands and I like how they turned out.
I realize it looks like me, mainly because I was using photo ref, and couldn't find the pose I needed so I posed myself.
If I had more time, I feel like I could have done a better job. But I'm satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment