Sunday, May 27, 2012

Arya Stark of Winterfell

Just finished my latest digitally painted portrait.
Recently got into the show Game of Thrones, and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. Was looking for a new person to caricature or just do a portrait of, few ideas, then I got the idea of doing someone from Game of Thrones and I got really excited.

I chose Arya after watching an episode where she really stood out to me. The line on the final image stuck with me after the show was over. I love her character. I think she has a very interesting face as well, so didn't take me too long to finish this piece.
I tend to get distracted easily and put these off for weeks, this one was different. Finished the majority of it in about 2 nights.

The whole thing took about 9.5 hours, I used a photo as reference.
I think this is by far my favourite portrait I've done yet.
I'm considering doing a series of characters from the show. We'll see.

Here is my process through the whole thing, from initial sketch to final product.



No comments:

Post a Comment