Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whistle While You Work...

...But really don't, because it's really annoying.

As much as I don't want to talk about work, it's really starting to tick me off.

Basically, without going into too much detail about it all, I am not enjoying any type of management person right now.
We recently changed district leaders to someone who I really do not enjoy at all. And this said person told my assistant manager to tell me(couldn't even tell me himself while I was right there) that I need to go buy new work pants because mine are unacceptable. Ok granted, the policy says 'slacks' and 'no jeans', but my pants aren't jeans! They are black pants. They may be sewn the same way jeans are, but that does not make them jeans!
I don't know why this little thing bothers me so much. Maybe because it is such a little thing to worry about when the company is going bankrupt right under their feet.
Go look at 70% of your employees and then come and tell me to change what I'm wearing.
I just bought new work pants, and I'm not willing to go spend another $30 on new ones because you don't like them.

I'd be glad to go shopping on Blockbuster's dime anytime. You show me the exact pair of pants that I need to buy and give me the money to do so, and I will be happy to.
But since you wont, then just please shut your mouth right now.

Sorry to get so angry Blogger, but it really grinds my gears.

This Monday started our new store manager. I met her for the first time and after meeting her, was not at all entirely impressed. Not looking forward to seeing her again today, I showed up and offered a friendly 'Hello'. We had about a 20 minute overlap in which she seemed really nice and not at all trying to enforce herself as the new 'boss-man' like the day before.
I have a feeling this is going to be a sort of 'wait and see' situation to find out what she's really like.
Already the schedule has not been made in time, and she has failed to give 2 managers their new alarm codes so they can close/open the store. Off to a good start.
But I gotta give her a chance, I can imagine how she must be feeling coming to an entirely new store and having to be the 'boss' when you're the new kid. It's gotta be hard.

Anyways, that's enough steam off my chest. Work is starting to suck and I need new pants. Maybe I'll throw a pants party. Who knows.

Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment