Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time to stop worrying because...

...I got accepted into Animation!!

Oh man, the letter finally came!
It came in a big envelope so when I saw it I was excited! Then I touched it and noticed it was a lot thinner than my usual acceptance letters were, so I got a little worried.
I heard you can get denied in big envelopes too, so it threw me off.

So there I am, standing in the kitchen, knife in one hand, letter in the other, with my mom staring at me waiting for me to gut it open. I open it up, take a tiny peek inside and see the word 'Congratulations!' and I ran into the hall jumping in the air with a giant smile on my face. My mom is dying to know what it says so I yank out the contents and start reading;
'Dear Ms. Tara Lloyd,
Congratulations!
You have been offered admission into the Animation program.' ...etc...
My mom screamed yay and clapped her hands, because she's cool like that, and I just hugged my letter.

I then ran upstairs to log onto ontariocolleges.com to accept my offer, and then post it all on facebook. Obviously, right?

Then! My mom tells me I also got my GST cheque in the mail!
It was like a double good day.

While I was on Facebook, one of my friends from my old Art Fundamentals class who is now taking Animation messaged me.
We were talking about the program and I was getting even more excited. He did tell me how much work is really involved though, and how I probably will be living at the school and have absolutely no social life. He told me that a lot of people who started with him were gone because they got kicked out for not maintaining a high enough GPA. That kind of freaked me out a bit, but I don't think I could let myself do so poorly in school.

I really want to try hard with this program. I want to be able to see myself improve, and I just want to do good! Especially for the amount of money the tuition is going to be.

I also hope it wont be so demanding that I cant still play hockey once a week, and work 2 days a week so I can afford my car! I cant quit my job no matter what, I wont have any way to pay off my car if I do. I need to figure out a way to make it all work. Hopefully Ill be able to work weekends, because I know during the week I'll be expected to go to extra life drawing after classes.

I think Ive decided the cheapest mode of transportation is bus tokens, vs metro pass and parking. If I get a ride to school every day, I only need tokens for the ride back. Hopefully I'll be able to get a locker this time, so I wont have to lug around a lot of stuff with me, and I wont mind taking the bus.

Anyways, so much to think about and I have 5 months until September rolls around. I really hope I enjoy this program, and I hope it doesn't make me hate drawing like Art Fundamentals did, and the photography course for taking pictures. I just gotta keep thinking about all the things I'll be able to do after it all.

Alright, that's my post for today.
Tonight is my championship game and will determine if we make it to first or second place, each getting a prize! First gets a skate towel and a bath towel, second place gets skate guards....I know..amazing prizes. I'll let you know tomorrow!

Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment